PINE GROVE – This month’s local TV program by Senator David G. Argall (R-Schuylkill/Berks) focuses on the recent announcement of the final funding for the almost $6 million Floodplain Restoration project in Pine Grove.
“These funds have been awarded through the efforts of a bipartisan public-private partnership,” Argall said. “Our single goal: Reducing flood waters, but there is also an added bonus: this investment is also designed to stabilize the economic health of western Schuylkill County. Job retention for current employers and further job creation/expansion efforts at important local facilities like Guilford Mills and those in the industrial park downstream are keys to the success of this region.”
“This TV program provides additional information about a project that was paid for in part by taxpayers to assist and protect local residents from future flooding like we had over the last several years in western Schuylkill County,” he added. “It’s timely given the latest flooding that occurred as recent as last week, which proves the value of this much-needed investment.”
Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee had both hit Pine Grove only days apart in 2011 and the flooding was the worst the community had seen in over a century. The Swatara Creek rose at an alarming rate causing 200 homes and businesses to be flooded.
In addition to reducing flood waters, Senator Argall believes the investment will help stabilize the economic health of western Schuylkill County. In light of recent flooding, these dollars are even more vital to the long-term sustainability and outlook for the community.
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Berks Community Television (Comcast – Channel 15 and Service Electric – Channel 19) on Thursday at 8 p.m. and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- The program is available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.
Contact: Joshua Paul