Senate State Government Committee
Wednesday, May 25th | 10 a.m.
East Wing, Hearing Room 8E-B
Meeting to consider SB 784, 1127, 1175, 1182, 1209 and HB 2496
- Senate Bill 784 (Argall) – Allows for pre-canvassing of mail ballots to begin one week before election day. Also, moves back the deadline to apply for either an absentee or mail-in ballot from one week to fifteen days prior to an election.
- Senate Bill 1127 (Yaw) – A constitutional amendment providing for the election of President Judge in counties with three or more judges.
- Senate Bill 1175 (Kearney) – Amends the Administrative Code of 1929 to add the Director of the Pennsylvania Emergency Management Agency and the Executive Director of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission as members of the State Planning Board.
- Senate Bill 1182 (Argall) – A constitutional amendment requiring the Pennsylvania Supreme Court to randomly select the chairperson of the Legislative Reapportionment Commission from the list of senior judges on appellate courts.
- Senate Bill 1209 (Argall) – A constitutional amendment prohibiting the Legislative Reapportionment Commission from adjusting the population data for the Commonwealth for any group quarters population.
- House Bill 2496 (Boback) – Land Conveyance.
- PDA Tunkhannock Facility in Tunkhannock Township, Wyoming County.
- SCI Pittsburgh Superintendent’s House in Pittsburgh, Allegheny County.