SCHUYLKILL HAVEN – The August 2017 edition of Senator David G. Argall’s (R-Schuylkill/Berks) monthly television show features local high school students who participated in his recent student government seminar at Penn State’s Schuylkill Campus.
The “Senator for a Day” program invited students to debate and vote on issues currently facing the General Assembly. Students from several local school districts participated in the event, including Blue Mountain, Gillingham Charter School, Marian Catholic, Minersville Area, Nativity BVM, North Schuylkill, Pine Grove Area, Pottsville, Saint Clair Area, Schuylkill Haven Area, Shenandoah Valley, Tamaqua, and Tri-Valley.
“I am always impressed by the creativity and thoughtfulness of students who participate in these events, and the most recent seminar was certainly no exception,” Argall said. “Students approached each part of the process with enthusiasm and imagination, and I am hopeful the seminar helped raise their interest in some of the most important issues facing our state and region.”
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.