HARRISBURG – The latest edition of Senator David G. Argall’s (R-Schuylkill/Berks) monthly television show explores the feasibility of creating a Waterfront Development Tax Credit program along Pennsylvania’s largest rivers and small creeks.
The show highlights a recent hearing hosted by Argall’s committee, the Senate Majority Policy Committee, which examined a proposal to promote private investment in waterfront areas across the state. The proposal would create a tax credit program to support economic development, environmental improvements and recreational opportunities for Pennsylvanians.
“Investing in waterfront areas has the potential to benefit communities large and small,” Argall said. “However, access to funding during this difficult budget year presents a difficult obstacle for many local governments. This television program will give local residents an in-depth look at one of many economic development tools the legislature is considering to improve recreation and economic opportunities along our countless waterways across the state. There is potential from cities as large as Philadelphia and as small as New Philadelphia.”
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.