POTTSVILLE – A recent television program from Senator David G. Argall (R-Schuylkill/Berks) features an update on economic development efforts in the City of Pottsville.
The 30-minute program features a behind-the-scenes tour of the ongoing construction of Yuengling’s new museum, gift shop and bar and updates from city leaders, including Mayor Jim Muldowney; Pat Murphy, owner of Murphy Jewelers; Carmen DiCello, owner of Towne Drug; and City Administrator Tom Palamar on revitalization efforts in the City.
“The revitalization efforts throughout the city are encouraging,” Argall said. “Yuengling’s renovation of its old ice cream plant will be very helpful to the community when it opens. I was grateful the brewery was able to provide us with an update on their efforts to turn an old, blighted building into a new symbol of community pride. The city officials continue to utilize the anti-blight tools the state has authorized. I’m very pleased to see the collaboration of the public sector working with the private sector to move Schuylkill County’s largest community forward.”
Argall’s program also features a discussion between Argall and Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development Secretary Dennis Davin. Argall continues to encourage additional efforts to improve downtowns for both commercial and residential areas.
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.