HARRISBURG – Senator David G. Argall’s (R-Schuylkill/Berks) monthly TV show focuses on the Senate Appropriations Committee’s three-week series of budget hearings regarding Governor Wolf’s proposed 2015-16 state spending plan.
The program focuses on concerns Argall raised during the hearings, including several questions regarding the governor’s proposal for a temporary property tax cut in exchange for permanent increases in the Sales Tax and the Personal Income Tax. Highlights are included from hearings with representatives from the Governor’s Office of the Budget, the Independent Fiscal Office and the departments of Agriculture, Corrections, Education, Environmental Protection and Revenue.
“These hearings allow members to go through the governor’s budget line-by-line and dollar-by-dollar to determine the things state government is doing well and the things we can do better, as well as examining how potential changes in state spending and taxation could affect our economy and quality of life,” Argall said. “The information gathered during these hearings will prove invaluable as we work to create a more fiscally responsible budget and a fairer system of funding our schools.”
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.