ALBANY TOWNSHIP – Senator David G. Argall’s (R-29) latest monthly television program features a tour of Hawk Mountain Sanctuary with Lt. Governor Jim Cawley and state and local officials to celebrate the wildlife preserve’s 80th anniversary.
The 30-minute program includes a discussion with staff and volunteers of the importance of Hawk Mountain Sanctuary as a habitat for a variety of animals, including approximately 20,000 migratory birds. The sanctuary has logged the world’s longest record of the raptor population, helping conservationists determine any changes in population.
“Hawk Mountain is an important local institution that has helped to protect wildlife and educate the public regarding the importance of conservation for decades, as well as drawing visitors from across the nation and the world,” Senator Argall said. “The volunteers and staff deserve a great deal of credit for maintaining an amazing natural treasure.”
The show also featured information on continuing efforts to improve access to trails and facilities for all citizens.
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.