SCHUYLKILL HAVEN – Senator David G. Argall’s (R-29) latest monthly television program features the fourth annual Senator for a Day program, held earlier this year at Penn State’s Schuylkill Campus. The 30-minute program highlights some of the debate and dialogue among area high school students on current state issues.
Sen. Argall hosts the event each spring with high school students, mainly from Schuylkill, Carbon and Berks County. However, this will be the first year he will host two Senator for a Day programs – one is planned for November for high school students in Berks County.
“This has quickly become one of my favorite events of the year,” Argall said. “I’m always amazed at the debate points made by the students on issues currently up for debate at the state Capitol. Because the event has grown in popularity, I’m going to hold my first Berks County program later this year.”
The event included Rep. Jerry Knowles (R-124) and Schuylkill County Commissioner Gary Hess.
“I’m already looking forward to our next two events with students from Berks and Schuylkill Counties,” Argall said.
Berks County’s ‘Senator for a Day’ event is scheduled for Nov. 19, 2014, with Schuylkill County’s event set for May, 14, 2015.
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.