POTTSVILLE – Senator David G. Argall’s (R-29) latest television program, the Argall Report, highlights the annual Schuylkill County career fair held earlier this year. The show features interviews with various representatives of local businesses and education institutions.
“Six years ago, we realized the opportunity that we had to coordinate students and businesses to communicate what careers are available in Schuylkill County,” Darlene Robbins, President of the Northeast Pennsylvania Manufacturers and Employers Council, said.
The program highlights various employment opportunities, career advancement, and training and educational programs available in Schuylkill County.
“These career fairs are eye-opening to students, who often do not realize the opportunities available to them locally,” Sen. Argall said. “Local employers continue to seek out young men and women to begin their careers and stay in Schuylkill County. I’m amazed how the fair continues to grow with more interest, both from the business community, as well as the education community – it’s a good sign for Schuylkill County and our region.”
Local high school students attending the career fair are also interviewed about their next steps for educational and career advancements.
The career fair highlights the opportunities for employment and career training within Schuylkill County.
Also highlighted are the projects that were the result of the second annual Schuylkill County Youth Summit, which was featured in Sen. Argall’s prior television program.
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.