HARRISBURG – The latest television program from Senator David G. Argall (R-29) highlights a recent public hearing in the Senate on school property tax elimination efforts.
Argall is joined by Senator Mike Folmer (R-48) to walk through their collaborative efforts to strengthen Senate Bill 76, the Property Tax Independence Act. Supporters of the bill worked together to draft an amendment dealing with technical concerns outlined in several reports.
“Through the efforts of grassroots supporters, this issue continues to pick up traction in the Senate,” Argall said. “This is one of the most thoroughly vetted pieces of legislation in recent history. With two separate reports from the Independent Fiscal Office, a comprehensive analysis from the Department of Revenue and concerns from opposing groups, we now have a proposal that answers a lot of questions.”
The hearing held by the Senate Finance Committee focused on the amendment and allowed committee members to ask specific questions about the bill and proposed amendment.
“The goal is total elimination. With so many moving parts to the bill, we carefully worked through objections and concerns to provide a thorough proposal that would achieve the goal,” Argall said.
The half-hour show will be aired on the following stations:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.