HARRISBURG – This month’s local TV report by Senator David G. Argall (R-29) features an update from the state Capitol on the state budget for the 2014-15 Fiscal Year.
The program features recent budget-related public hearings held by the Senate Appropriations Committee with state departments and agencies. Argall is a member of the committee that reviews all budget-related bills and has the opportunity to ask questions about important programs of local interest.
“The process of pulling together a budget is a lengthy, but needed procedure,” Argall said. “We are required by the state’s Constitution to pass a balanced and on-time budget each year. These hearings give the public an opportunity to see how their money is spent and what each agency requests.”
The 30-minute television program specifically focuses on several hearings, including the Department of Agriculture, state-related universities, Department of Community and Economic Development, Department of Environmental Protection, Department of Public Welfare, Independent Fiscal Office, and the Department of Revenue.
“The questions I ask the various heads of these departments reflects questions I hear from local residents, ranging from property tax reform to jobs and education,” Argall said.
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
- The program is available on Berks Community Television, Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.