SCHUYLKILL HAVEN – This month’s local TV report by Senator David G. Argall (R-29) features comments by Argall, Representative Mike Tobash (R-125) and other community leaders on how to utilize existing tools to fight blight in both large and small communities.
Argall states the two biggest hurdles to fighting blight in downtown communities are education and investing.
“Over the past few years, several new laws have been enacted to give municipalities new tools to combat blight and abandonment,” Argall said. “This month’s program gives viewers an opportunity to see various individuals discuss how they are putting tools to use in their respective communities.”
The program features a recent speech Argall gave in Harrisburg during a session titled, “Blighted Properties: Selecting the Best Tools to Get the Job Done,” hosted by the Pennsylvania Association of Housing and Redevelopment Agencies. The second half of the program features a “blight summit” hosted by Representative Tobash for local officials.
The program will air on:
• Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
• Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
• Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
• Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7 p.m.
• The program is also available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Contact: Jon Hopcraft