SCHUYLKILL HAVEN – This month’s local TV report by Senator Argall focuses on the ‘Senator for a Day’ program which he hosted at Penn State University’s Schuylkill campus in May. The program included eleven local area high schools from the 29th Senatorial District.
“This program has been a huge success because the students are so engaged,” said Argall, who hosts the annual seminar each spring. “Each year, I am more and more impressed with how our current students and future leaders can articulate and debate issues we face in Pennsylvania today. This program highlights a great hands-on experience that furthers local students’ understanding of how state government works, and doesn’t work.”
Participating schools included Blue Mountain, Lehighton Area, Mahanoy Area, Marian Catholic, Minersville, Nativity BVM, Panther Valley, Pottsville, Schuylkill Haven, Tamaqua and Tri-Valley.
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10am and every Wednesday at 10:30pm.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3pm and 8:30pm and every Tuesday at 9am.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7pm.
- The program is also available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.
Contact: Jon Hopcraft