TAMAQUA – This month’s local TV report by Senator Argall focuses on the ‘Senator for a Day’ program which he hosted at Lehigh Carbon Community College’s Tamaqua Campus. The program included eleven local area high schools from the 29th Senatorial District.
Senator Argall emphasized the importance of hosting the program. “When I hosted my ‘Senator for a Day’ program in May, it gave our region’s high school students a chance to see the realities of state government. The program is a hands-on experience, which I think is very important for students interested in politics and government.”
Argall explained the importance of learning through experience. “Many of the students did not realize how many differing perspectives must be taken into account when working on legislation,” noted Argall. “I was pleased to see such lively and well-thought-out debate among the students. This program highlights a great ‘hands-on’ workshop to educate the area’s high school students on state government.”
High schools featured in this month’s ‘Argall Report’ include:
- Blue Mountain
- Hamburg Area
- Lehighton Area
- Marian Catholic
- North Schuylkill
- Schuylkill Haven
The program will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10am and every Wednesday at 10:30pm.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1/Get Local/Government/State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3pm and 8:30pm and every Tuesday at 9am.
- Service Electric (Channel 19) the 2nd and 4th Wednesday at 7pm.
- The program is also available on Shen-Heights TV and WLYN TV 35 in Hazleton. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.
Contact: Jon Hopcraft