TAMAQUA – This month’s local TV program hosted by Senator David G. Argall (R-Schuylkill/Berks) focuses on the role that the arts have to play in community revitalization.
“Communities are always looking for new ways to re-invent themselves and attract more people,” said Senator Argall. “The arts can play a very important role in the revitalization of towns across our region. The arts showcase the talents of our neighbors while at the same time bringing us together. As Winston Churchill said in 1938, ‘The arts are essential to any complete national life.’”
This edition of the Argall Report focuses on three local venues that promote the arts. The Walk In Art Center located in Schuylkill Haven prides itself in bringing new people to the area so that Schuylkill Haven and the surrounding communities have the opportunity to revitalize. The Arts Barn in Orwigsburg features over 100 local artists and artisans and displays fine arts and crafts in a country-style setting. The Tamaqua Community Arts Center provides unique and inclusive educational opportunities to residents and features a performance venue, an art studio, and instructional workshops.
“I encourage everyone to come out and visit these three important centers of art and self-expression,” Argall continued. “As this edition of the Argall Report will show you, I may not be the best when it comes to pottery or playing the harmonica, but you’ll never know what new skill or hobby awaits you unless you give it a try.”
This edition of the Argall report will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Berks Community Television (Comcast – Channel 15 and Service Electric – Channel 19) on Thursday at 8 p.m. and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- The program is available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.
Joshua J. Paul