HARRISBURG – This month’s local TV program hosted by Senator David G. Argall (R-Schuylkill/Berks) focuses on recent budget hearing testimony between the administration and the Senate Appropriations Committee.
Every year, the Governor of Pennsylvania proposes his budget plan to the General Assembly. Both the House Appropriations Committee and the Senate Appropriations Committee are responsible for the questioning of administration officials regarding the Governor’s plans.
“This is perhaps one of the most important aspects of state government” Senator Argall said. “The General Assembly must hold the administration accountable for how it plans to spend the money that is appropriated to it. As part of next year’s budget, I want to see us institute commonsense work requirements for non-elderly, non-disabled Pennsylvanians in order to lift these residents out of the cycle of poverty. I also want to make sure that taxpayer dollars aren’t wasted on empty office spaces, a concern that I spoke to the Secretary of the Department of General Services about.”
This edition of the Argall Report features Senator Argall’s questioning of several state agencies including Labor and Industry, General Services, Transportation, Health, Corrections, and Human Services.
This edition of the Argall report will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Berks Community Television (Comcast – Channel 15 and Service Electric – Channel 19) on Thursday at 8 p.m. and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- The program is available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.
Contact: Joshua J. Paul (Argall)