CRESSONA – This month’s local TV program hosted by Senator David G. Argall (R-Schuylkill/Berks) focuses on Hydro’s Extrusion plant in Cressona. The plant is one of the largest employers in Schuylkill County and the facility is the largest of its kind in the United States and one of the largest in the world.
“There is no more important issue in the district that I represent than jobs, jobs, jobs,” said Senator Argall. “This plant already employs about 1,200 people but with the expansion taking place here, the opportunity for employment will be open to even more. I should also mention that these jobs will provide family sustaining wages that will leave people better off and help contribute to our growing economy.”
The Cressona plant was recently recognized as the company’s top performing plant for 2018. The company has 100 production sites across 40 countries and hires over 22,000 employees. In 2018, Hydro pledged $100 million to the Cressona plant and a new 96,000 square foot addition to accommodate growing production.
This edition of the Argall report will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Berks Community Television (Comcast – Channel 15 and Service Electric – Channel 19) on Thursday at 8 p.m. and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- The program is available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.
Contact: Joshua J. Paul