SCHUYLKILL HAVEN – This month’s local TV program hosted by Senator David G. Argall (R-Schuylkill/Berks) focuses on the Senator’s annual “Senator for a Day” program at Penn State Schuylkill which recently attracted hundreds of students from area schools.
“This is one of my favorite annual events,” Senator Argall said. “The future of this country rests in the hands of our youth. The purpose of this event is to familiarize them with current issues and the legislative process.”
Students from Schuylkill and Berks County debated and voted on a variety of bills that have also been discussed in the General Assembly. Bills included lowering the driving age in Pennsylvania, privatizing the liquor industry in the state and proposals to limit the burden of school property taxes.
Area schools that participated in this year’s program included Blue Mountain High School, Fleetwood Area High School, Hamburg Area High School, Kempton New Church School, Mahanoy Area High School, Marian Catholic High School, Minersville Area Jr./Sr. High School, Nativity BVM High School, North Schuylkill High School, Pottsville Area High School, Saint Clair Area Middle School, Schuylkill Haven Area High School, Shenandoah Valley High School, Tamaqua Area High School, Tri-Valley Junior/Senior High School and Tulpehocken High School.
This edition of the Argall report will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Berks Community Television (Comcast – Channel 15 and Service Electric – Channel 19) on Thursday at 8 p.m. and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- The program is available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.
Contact: Joshua J. Paul (Argall)