TAMAQUA – This month’s local TV program hosted by Senator David G. Argall (R-Schuylkill/Berks) focuses on the economic development taking place in Tamaqua through the City Revitalization and Improvement Zone program, also known as CRIZ.
Tamaqua was the first borough in Pennsylvania to be selected for this special pilot program to encourage business growth in underdeveloped properties by reinvesting state and local tax dollars generated in those areas back to the community.
The program has already generated hundreds of thousands of dollars for new development since Tamaqua first applied for a CRIZ designation. Tamaqua was one of only a few communities willing to submit the CRIZ application.
“This is a valuable tool that can help revitalize our local communities and stimulate their economies,” Senator Argall said. “I’m sure this program will prove to have a positive impact not only in Tamaqua, but in other similar communities in the future.”
This edition of the Argall report will air on:
- Blue Ridge Communications (Channel 13) every Monday at 10 a.m. and every Wednesday at 10:30 p.m.
- Berks Community Television (Comcast – Channel 15 and Service Electric – Channel 19) on Thursday at 8 p.m. and Friday at 6 p.m.
- Comcast On-Demand on Channel 1 – Get Local – Government – State Senate.
- Reading (Channel 21) and Hamburg (Channel 19) every Monday at 3 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. and every Tuesday at 9 a.m.
- The program is available on Shen-Heights TV, Hazleton’s WLYN TV 35 and MetroCast Communications Channel 10. Please check local listings for air times.
Senator Argall’s report is also available online at www.SenatorArgall.com.
Contact: Joshua J. Paul (Argall)